BRAG is currently undertaking research for a new Noongar Arts Development Strategy. If you are a Noongar artist, arts worker of cultural worker in the South West, then we would like to hear from you.
The aim of the project is to foster a vibrant Indigenous arts and cultural sector that affords Noongar people in the South West greater opportunities to participate in, share and strengthen their culture through arts practice and develop careers and businesses in the arts and cultural sector.
The development of this strategy aims to position BRAG and the network of SW regional art spaces as leaders in the development and delivery of Noongar arts programming and support the following goals:
• Increased visibility and community support for Noongar arts and culture in Bunbury and the South West.
• Strengthen the gallery’s ability to attract funding for the delivery of Noongar arts programming
• Develop strong relationships between BRAG, other regional galleries and the Noongar community, as well as creating partnerships with other agencies to increase inclusion of arts and cultural activities within existing programs.
• Support the development of tourism opportunities featuring Noongar arts and culture in the region
• Increase opportunities for Noongar people to participate in arts and cultural activities
• Create more jobs, funding opportunities and businesses for Noongar people in the creative industries
The strategy will include research on the current state of Noongar arts and culture in the region, propose a strategic framework for building the sector, and suggest delivery mechanisms for implementing the strategy over the next five years.
Download a printable copy of the survey here
The Noongar Arts Development Strategy is supported by the South West Development Commission